Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Smart vs Mini Cooper

Smart vs Mini


The Mini Cooper was my favorite small car before the smart. Technically, it sits four people, although it's a tight fit. But they pack decent horsepower and luxuries into a small form factor, and it's fun to drive.

But don't be surprised by the Mini's size. The dimunitive Mini Cooper is approximately 12 feet 1 inch (I say approximately because the website breaks measurements into tenths of inches) compared to the smart's 8 feet 8 inches. Fuel efficiency is pretty impressive, at 28 city / 37 highway (versus 33 / 41 for the smart). The base model Mini starts at $18,700 (versus $11,500 for the smart).

Note: I don't think the front end of the SUV behind the Mini aligns with our front ends. At least, by how far out it sticks, I sure hope not!

Smart vs. Mini 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was never a Mini Cooper fan until I saw the heist scene on the recent Italian Job movie.